Tuesday, November 04, 2008

7:23:50 a.m. Nov. 4 (MST)

Today I was walking out of my Korean class with Gabriel, this tall skinny hipster kid from Switzerland.

"The next time I see you either I'll be ashamed to be an American," I said. "Or I'll be feeling a lot better about America."

"Yah, I don't think I could not be ashamed to be an American," he said.

"Oh, you hate America. It's cool to hate to America."

"I don't hate the people. I hate the country."

I took the underpass and he took the subway. Then I got on my bike and rode down to the gym. I had a good run on the treadmill listening to White Blood Cells and watching Korean television pundits dissect the election. But after that I couldn't work out properly, I couldn't focus on anything. All I was thinking about was tomorrow, about Obama, about America, about how important it felt and how I couldn't prepare myself for a McCain win.

No comments: