Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Thumbing it

Hitched my first ride in Korea this past weekend. Went down to Gyeongju for some fresher air and to see the city. (It's really nice. It was my second time and it's one of my favorite places to visit in Korea. The city has a lot of history and is well preserved. I've heard there is a city ordinance regulating building height in the historical areas. Almost the Korean version of Kyoto. Also where I took the photo on the right.) We got stuck at the bottom of Namsan with no taxis and were waiting for the bus when I stuck out my thumb. The second car that passed us stopped. The man spoke a little English, he had been hiking as well, and drove us back to Bomun Resort where we were staying. We paid him in five Hersey's kisses.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Only 5? Surely he deserved about 7?

Bart Schaneman said...

I tried to pay him. He wouldn't take it.